Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Royalty Pecan Farm


A friend invited to me to join her on a church playgroup trip to the Royalty Pecan Farm, just outside of Caldwell, this Fall. This was something I had been wanting to check out, so I agreed right away. We weren't disappointed! We took a wagon ride out to the pecan orchard while the friendly guide told us all about the farm, pecan trees and the process of harvesting pecans. One of the neatest parts (or so I thought) was feeling like I was somewhere tropical! They have speakers throughout the farm that make the sounds of hundreds of birds to scare off other birds from stealing the pecans. I literally watched as a huge flock of birds circled over the orchard and then flew away after hearing the fake bird calls. Pretty cool! After our tour, our children played on the beautiful lawn overlooking the farm. It would be a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding. Before we left, we sampled the several different flavored pecans and I found a new vice: CocoaLeche pecans. Major yum. If you're looking for a great place to buy fresh pecans or pecan anything, this is your place. To top of the trip, my little girl found a bunch of wildflowers in the field and the lady at the register tied them up for her with a little ribbon, now how sweet is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment